Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Video Weather icon 30°C
DKI Jakarta, Indonesia
30°C Partly Cloudy

Dry and mostly cloudy throughout the day.

  • weather-icon


    26℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon


    25℃ - 32℃

  • weather-icon


    25℃ - 31℃

  • weather-icon


    26℃ - 30℃

Fatahillah Museum contributes significantly to city's income

  • News Desk
    News Desk

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta | Wed, November 15, 2017 | 10:14 am
Fatahillah Museum contributes significantly to city's income A couple rides a bicycle in front of Fatahillah Museum in Kota Tua, West Jakarta. (JP/A. Kurniawan Ulung)

The Jakarta Tourism and Culture Agency is targeting four museums in Jakarta to contribute Rp 2.9 billion (US$214,148) to the city's coffers by the end of the year.

As of this month, the agency has achieved 80 percent of its target with the Jakarta History Museum, popularly known as Fatahillah Museum at the Old Town area in West Jakarta, contributing the most.

Out of the total income, the museum contributed around 90 percent, while the other three made up the number with 10 percent, the agency's museum management head, Sri Kusmawati, said.

The other three museums are Joeang Museum, MH Thamrin Museum and Taman Prasasti Museum, all in Central Jakarta.

"So far the biggest contributor is still Fatahillah Museum," Sri said on Tuesday, as quoted by

Sri was upbeat that the museums’ contributions would be more than the initial target at the end of the year. She cited the 2016 realization when the agency received Rp 2.7 billion from the four museums, higher than the Rp 2.1 billion target.

Sri said that to meet the target, the agency would increase promotional efforts to some schools in Jakarta. (yon)

Join the discussions