Ecodome, an innovative platform promoting environmental sustainability
The Jakarta Post
A new facility is ready to raise awareness on the importance of environmental protection. Jointly operated by the Bogor Botanical Gardens and the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Jakarta, the Ecodome serves as a miniature ecosystem where people can learn about improving their surrounding environment.
Dutch Ambassador to Indonesia Rob Swartbol said the Ecodome was an innovative platform that specialized in sustainable agriculture and water resources. The Ecodome also has a facility to clean polluted air.
"Indonesia is the first Asian country to have an Ecodome," he said.
Bogor Botanical Gardens head Didik Widyatmoko said the Ecodome offered facilities for educational activities and exhibitions related to the environment, ecosystem, research and technology, arts, music and culture. The Ecodome is situated on Astrid Boulevard in the park.
The Ecodome was developed by Nico Wissing, Lodewijk Hoekstra and NL Greenlabel from the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs.
The facility was built 10 years ago with support from researchers at Delft University’s School of Engineering. The Ecodome aims to promote the green innovations of the Dutch government. Among its facilities is a “health climate door”, a facility that can clean 10,000 cubic meters of polluted air per hour through a specially-designed filter.
Relocated from Philadelphia, the United States, the Ecodome is set to operate in Indonesia for one year from November 2017 to November 2018 as a gift from the Dutch government, marking the 200th anniversary of the Bogor Botanical Gardens. (ebf)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement