Customs & excise collects 75.94% of 2017 target as of November
The Jakarta Post
The Finance Ministry’s directorate general of customs and excise has collected Rp 143.62 trillion (US$10 billion) in revenues as of November, or about 75.94 percent of this year's target of Rp 188.1 trillion ($13.17 billion).
Yustinus Prastowo of the Center for Indonesian Taxation Analysis (CITA) estimated on Tuesday that the office would collect about Rp 147.7 trillion in custom and excise revenues by the yearend, with a shortfall of Rp 42 trillion.
Yustinus said the shortfall was due to the low consumer purchasing power and the average 10 percent increase in tobacco excise duty.
However, customs and excise revenue head Rudy Rahmaddi expressed his optimism that the office would see increased revenue collection in December.
Rudy added that, although the revenue collection reached only 75.94 percent of the target as of November, this reflected a 7.26 percent year-on-year increase in revenue.
He said the tobacco excise duty contributed Rp 108.91 trillion-Rp 104.28 trillion, the alcoholic beverages excise duty contributed 2.65 trillion and the other alcohol products duty contributed Rp 132.72 billion to total revenues.
Meanwhile, import duties contributed Rp 31.28 trillion and export duties contributed Rp 3.43 trillion, he said, as reported by kontan.co.id.
Rudy estimated that revenues from custom and excise duties would reach about 97 percent of the target by the yearend, or Rp 178 trillion. (bbn)
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- Lining up for jab at life
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building