Regencies to lure investors at 2018 Autonomy Expo
The Jakarta Post
The Regency Administrations Association (APKASI) expects to record at least Rp 2.2 trillion (US$154 million) in transactions during the 2018 Autonomy Expo, to be held in BSD City, Tangerang, Banten on July 6-8 next year.
"We hope that all regencies will use this opportunity to attract investments that can boost their local economy,” APKASI secretary general Nurdin Abdullah said in Jakarta on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, APKASI’s head of business and regional development, Syaifudin Kai, said each regency was expected to showcase its investment opportunities and tourist sites during the event, as well as to promote their potential commodities.
He believed the expo would be an opportune place for regional administrations to promote their respective regencies.
Last year’s Autonomy Expo resulted in Rp 2 trillion worth of transaction.
"The Tegal regency, for example, collected Rp 500 billion in investments to develop a port project," Syaifuding said.
North Lombok Regent Najmul Akhyar added that last year, North Lombok attracted a foreign investor who would be developing Gili Trawangan Beach as a tourist area.
He added that his administration was currently in talks with potential investors about five projects in tourism and the agriculture sector.
About 200 regencies took part in the 2017 Autonomy Exo, which received more than 10,000 visitors. (srs/bbn)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route