Airport train kicks off services with promotional fare
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
Trains connecting various Jakarta stations and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, are now available for a promotional fare of Rp 30,000 (US$2.2), according to railway operator PT Railink.
The discounted price will be on offer until Jan.1, after which the regular fare of Rp 70,000 will apply.
Tickets can be purchased online, through mobile applications and vending machines at several stations, including Sudirman Station and Soekarno-Hatta Airport Station.
For online purchases, Android users can download the app at Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.railink.ticketing&hl=en and App store for iOS users at https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/indonesia-airport-railway/id1304884125?mt=8
Online bookings can be made through reservation.railink.co.id.
The airport train currently makes 42 trips daily between 3.51 a.m. and 9.51 p.m., departing from Sudirman Baru (BNI City) Station in South Jakarta to Soekarno-Hatta, with a stop at Batu Ceper Station.
Trips from Soekarno-Hatta to Sudirman Baru will run from 6.10 a.m. to 11.10 p.m., departing every hour.
Passengers can access more information about the train at railink.co.id or on Twitter @kabandara.
“Jakartans have responded to the trial period with enthusiasm. We have been showing our appreciation of the passengers who either purchased tickets online or through the vending machines by giving them flowers,” said Railink president director Heru Kuswanto.
Airport train services were delayed several times due to the rescheduling of regular commuter lines operated by PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia.
Tickets were previously planned to be sold at Rp 100,000. (wit)
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens