Airport train kicks off services with promotional fare
Winda A. Charmila
The Jakarta Post
Trains connecting various Jakarta stations and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, are now available for a promotional fare of Rp 30,000 (US$2.2), according to railway operator PT Railink.
The discounted price will be on offer until Jan.1, after which the regular fare of Rp 70,000 will apply.
Tickets can be purchased online, through mobile applications and vending machines at several stations, including Sudirman Station and Soekarno-Hatta Airport Station.
For online purchases, Android users can download the app at Play Store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.railink.ticketing&hl=en and App store for iOS users at https://itunes.apple.com/id/app/indonesia-airport-railway/id1304884125?mt=8
Online bookings can be made through reservation.railink.co.id.
The airport train currently makes 42 trips daily between 3.51 a.m. and 9.51 p.m., departing from Sudirman Baru (BNI City) Station in South Jakarta to Soekarno-Hatta, with a stop at Batu Ceper Station.
Trips from Soekarno-Hatta to Sudirman Baru will run from 6.10 a.m. to 11.10 p.m., departing every hour.
Passengers can access more information about the train at railink.co.id or on Twitter @kabandara.
“Jakartans have responded to the trial period with enthusiasm. We have been showing our appreciation of the passengers who either purchased tickets online or through the vending machines by giving them flowers,” said Railink president director Heru Kuswanto.
Airport train services were delayed several times due to the rescheduling of regular commuter lines operated by PT Kereta Commuter Indonesia.
Tickets were previously planned to be sold at Rp 100,000. (wit)
- Bekasi wants roads free of 'Pak Ogah'
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Newly opened Pancoran overpass lacks worthiness certificate
- FBI warned Trump's son in-law on Murdoch ex-wife: report
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators
- Immigration office hunts two foreigners at protest in Batam
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management