Indonesia to monetize infrastructure projects through LCS scheme
The Jakarta Post
The Office of the Coordinating Economic Minister plans to monetize a number of infrastructure projects through the Limited Concession Scheme (LCS), kontan.co.id reported on Monday.
Currently, the office is preparing a presidential regulation on the legal basis of the policy.
Undersecretary for industry and commerce Elen Setiadi said on Sunday that his office was still waiting for proposals from state-owned enterprises (SOEs) on which infrastructure projects could be monetized.
“Next Week, maybe, we can finalize [the plans] after Coordinating Economic Minister Darmin [Nasution] agrees on what projects can be monetized,” Elen said.
Meanwhile, the undersecretary for infrastructure acceleration and regional development Wahyu Utomo said the draft would be discussed with a number of related ministries before being handed over to the Presidential Office.
He declined to mention the projects that would be monetized through the LCS scheme. “The Transportation Ministry proposed airports, while the State-owned Enterprises Ministry wanted road projects to be included,” he added.
Previously, Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi said a number of assets like Tanjung Perak Port in Surabaya, Tanjung Priok Port in Jakarta, Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Banten and I Gusti Ngurah Rai in Bali were among the projects that could be monetized.
Under the LCS, existing infrastructure will be offered to investors and granted as operational concessions. The funds raised would be used to finance other infrastructure projects. (srs/bbn)
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- A world without America
- Beijing's new airport comes with new construction tech
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Under fire, Trump says he misspoke on Russia election meddling
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement