Baby found dead on aircraft at Soekarno-Hatta airport
The Jakarta Post
A 37-year-old woman gave birth to a baby boy on an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Jakarta and left him in the plane's lavatory bin.
The baby's body was found by the airline's cleaning service when it arrived at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport on Saturday night.
The airport police arrested the woman and have identified her as H, a resident of Cianjur, West Java.
H allegedly left the baby in the lavatory bin after the flight's stopover in Bangkok.
The airport police's criminal division head, Cmr. Mirzal Maulana, said his team arrested H at Terminal 2 Soekarno-Hatta airport early on Sunday morning.
“We are still investigating this case,” said Mirzal.
H admitted that it was her baby and she left him in the lavatory bin because the baby was the result of a relationship with her employer in Abu Dhabi. However, it is not yet known whether the baby was stillborn or alive.
H already has a husband and children in Cianjur. (gis/wit)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Virgin Galactic takes one step forward in space tourism
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Man refuses bicycle prize from President Jokowi