Baby found dead on aircraft at Soekarno-Hatta airport
The Jakarta Post
A 37-year-old woman gave birth to a baby boy on an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Jakarta and left him in the plane's lavatory bin.
The baby's body was found by the airline's cleaning service when it arrived at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport on Saturday night.
The airport police arrested the woman and have identified her as H, a resident of Cianjur, West Java.
H allegedly left the baby in the lavatory bin after the flight's stopover in Bangkok.
The airport police's criminal division head, Cmr. Mirzal Maulana, said his team arrested H at Terminal 2 Soekarno-Hatta airport early on Sunday morning.
“We are still investigating this case,” said Mirzal.
H admitted that it was her baby and she left him in the lavatory bin because the baby was the result of a relationship with her employer in Abu Dhabi. However, it is not yet known whether the baby was stillborn or alive.
H already has a husband and children in Cianjur. (gis/wit)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Extend odd-even policy
- Plastic piling up in Japan after China waste ban: Survey