Baby found dead on aircraft at Soekarno-Hatta airport
The Jakarta Post
A 37-year-old woman gave birth to a baby boy on an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Jakarta and left him in the plane's lavatory bin.
The baby's body was found by the airline's cleaning service when it arrived at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport on Saturday night.
The airport police arrested the woman and have identified her as H, a resident of Cianjur, West Java.
H allegedly left the baby in the lavatory bin after the flight's stopover in Bangkok.
The airport police's criminal division head, Cmr. Mirzal Maulana, said his team arrested H at Terminal 2 Soekarno-Hatta airport early on Sunday morning.
“We are still investigating this case,” said Mirzal.
H admitted that it was her baby and she left him in the lavatory bin because the baby was the result of a relationship with her employer in Abu Dhabi. However, it is not yet known whether the baby was stillborn or alive.
H already has a husband and children in Cianjur. (gis/wit)
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study
- Oil rises toward $63 as OPEC cuts weighed against US supplies
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore