Baby found dead on aircraft at Soekarno-Hatta airport
The Jakarta Post
A 37-year-old woman gave birth to a baby boy on an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Jakarta and left him in the plane's lavatory bin.
The baby's body was found by the airline's cleaning service when it arrived at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport on Saturday night.
The airport police arrested the woman and have identified her as H, a resident of Cianjur, West Java.
H allegedly left the baby in the lavatory bin after the flight's stopover in Bangkok.
The airport police's criminal division head, Cmr. Mirzal Maulana, said his team arrested H at Terminal 2 Soekarno-Hatta airport early on Sunday morning.
“We are still investigating this case,” said Mirzal.
H admitted that it was her baby and she left him in the lavatory bin because the baby was the result of a relationship with her employer in Abu Dhabi. However, it is not yet known whether the baby was stillborn or alive.
H already has a husband and children in Cianjur. (gis/wit)
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world