Baby girl reportedly kidnapped in Makassar
The Jakarta Post
Makassar residents Umar and Fatma on Tuesday filed a report with the Makassar Police over a suspected kidnapping of their 1.5-year-old daughter.
Hanum is thought to have been kidnapped by unidentified people at her family’s house. Her parents were both at work at the time of the incident, during which she was left attended by her aunt, Ety.
Makassar Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Anwar Hasan said the baby girl had been kidnapped at around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
Three people suspected to have kidnapped the baby reportedly arrived at the house in a car. Two of them entered the house, while the third waited in the vehicle.
“One of the suspected kidnappers called Ety and said they wanted to deliver an item from Bone regency. She opened the door and watched the two suspects, who were carrying two boxes. They immediately handcuffed her and took the 1.5-year-old toddler,” Anwar said.
The intruders taped Ety’s mouth and tied her legs with black tape before locking her in a bedroom. They also reportedly threatened their victim with a knife.
After removing the tape from her mouth and legs, Ety ran out of the house and asked for help. A passer-by heard her and helped her to contact the toddler’s parents.
Fatma reportedly cried inconsolably after being informed about the news. Photos of the toddler have been released and have been widely passed around in social media. (ami/ebf)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday