Baby girl reportedly kidnapped in Makassar
The Jakarta Post
Makassar residents Umar and Fatma on Tuesday filed a report with the Makassar Police over a suspected kidnapping of their 1.5-year-old daughter.
Hanum is thought to have been kidnapped by unidentified people at her family’s house. Her parents were both at work at the time of the incident, during which she was left attended by her aunt, Ety.
Makassar Police criminal investigation unit head Adj. Sr. Comr. Anwar Hasan said the baby girl had been kidnapped at around 11 a.m. on Tuesday.
Three people suspected to have kidnapped the baby reportedly arrived at the house in a car. Two of them entered the house, while the third waited in the vehicle.
“One of the suspected kidnappers called Ety and said they wanted to deliver an item from Bone regency. She opened the door and watched the two suspects, who were carrying two boxes. They immediately handcuffed her and took the 1.5-year-old toddler,” Anwar said.
The intruders taped Ety’s mouth and tied her legs with black tape before locking her in a bedroom. They also reportedly threatened their victim with a knife.
After removing the tape from her mouth and legs, Ety ran out of the house and asked for help. A passer-by heard her and helped her to contact the toddler’s parents.
Fatma reportedly cried inconsolably after being informed about the news. Photos of the toddler have been released and have been widely passed around in social media. (ami/ebf)
- Bekasi wants roads free of 'Pak Ogah'
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators
- FBI warned Trump's son in-law on Murdoch ex-wife: report
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Newly opened Pancoran overpass lacks worthiness certificate
- Immigration office hunts two foreigners at protest in Batam
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm