Incumbent pair faces no rival in Tangerang mayoral election
The Jakarta Post
Incumbent pair Arief R. Wismansyah and Sachrudin face no competition in the upcoming Tangerang mayoral election in Banten.
"Although we only have one candidate pair, we will move forward with normal procedures," Tangerang General Elections Commission (KPU Tangerang) chairman Sanusi Pane said in a written statement on Wednesday night as reported by kompas.com.
He added that a question and answer session would be held in lieu of a debate to assess the pair’s competence.
The incumbent pair is backed by all parties controlling seats on the Tangerang Legislative Council (DPRD).
The commission, Sanusi said, would start verifying the pair’s documents and test results.
KPU Tangerang will announce whether the pair has fulfilled all requirements on Feb. 12.
Separately, Arief said he would not take his sole candidacy for granted as he had to secure at least 50 percent of the vote during the election. (fac)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform