Incumbent pair faces no rival in Tangerang mayoral election
The Jakarta Post
Incumbent pair Arief R. Wismansyah and Sachrudin face no competition in the upcoming Tangerang mayoral election in Banten.
"Although we only have one candidate pair, we will move forward with normal procedures," Tangerang General Elections Commission (KPU Tangerang) chairman Sanusi Pane said in a written statement on Wednesday night as reported by kompas.com.
He added that a question and answer session would be held in lieu of a debate to assess the pair’s competence.
The incumbent pair is backed by all parties controlling seats on the Tangerang Legislative Council (DPRD).
The commission, Sanusi said, would start verifying the pair’s documents and test results.
KPU Tangerang will announce whether the pair has fulfilled all requirements on Feb. 12.
Separately, Arief said he would not take his sole candidacy for granted as he had to secure at least 50 percent of the vote during the election. (fac)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday