Incumbent pair faces no rival in Tangerang mayoral election
The Jakarta Post
Incumbent pair Arief R. Wismansyah and Sachrudin face no competition in the upcoming Tangerang mayoral election in Banten.
"Although we only have one candidate pair, we will move forward with normal procedures," Tangerang General Elections Commission (KPU Tangerang) chairman Sanusi Pane said in a written statement on Wednesday night as reported by kompas.com.
He added that a question and answer session would be held in lieu of a debate to assess the pair’s competence.
The incumbent pair is backed by all parties controlling seats on the Tangerang Legislative Council (DPRD).
The commission, Sanusi said, would start verifying the pair’s documents and test results.
KPU Tangerang will announce whether the pair has fulfilled all requirements on Feb. 12.
Separately, Arief said he would not take his sole candidacy for granted as he had to secure at least 50 percent of the vote during the election. (fac)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements