Incumbent pair faces no rival in Tangerang mayoral election
The Jakarta Post
Incumbent pair Arief R. Wismansyah and Sachrudin face no competition in the upcoming Tangerang mayoral election in Banten.
"Although we only have one candidate pair, we will move forward with normal procedures," Tangerang General Elections Commission (KPU Tangerang) chairman Sanusi Pane said in a written statement on Wednesday night as reported by kompas.com.
He added that a question and answer session would be held in lieu of a debate to assess the pair’s competence.
The incumbent pair is backed by all parties controlling seats on the Tangerang Legislative Council (DPRD).
The commission, Sanusi said, would start verifying the pair’s documents and test results.
KPU Tangerang will announce whether the pair has fulfilled all requirements on Feb. 12.
Separately, Arief said he would not take his sole candidacy for granted as he had to secure at least 50 percent of the vote during the election. (fac)
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Rappler Indonesia to soldier on despite license revocation
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators