Pertamina to take over Iran’s Mansouri field early May
The Jakarta Post
The Iranian government has set a deadline of early May for Indonesia’s state-owned energy giant Pertamina to seal the deal for developing Iran’s Mansouri oil field.
Pertamina claims it has secured the Iranian government’s nod to be the operator of the Mansouri field, in which the company is expected to control an 80 percent interest, while the rest will be owned by an Iranian partner.
However, Pertamina upstream director Syamsu Alam said his side was still looking for partners to jointly develop the field, as it would be too risky to control the 80 percent interest alone.
“We want to seal this deal as soon as possible, but we need to find partners first,” Syamsu said Wednesday.
“The Iranian government then gave us leeway by allowing us to sign the contract first [as the 80-percent owner] in early May, before letting other partners join in the project later. One thing is for sure, the deal should be done before the start of the Muslims’ fasting period [in mid-May].”
Syamsu said there were several prospective partners to team up with Pertamina in developing the Mansouri field, though he shared no further details about this.
After taking over the operatorship of the Mansouri field, Pertamina expects to gradually increase the field’s oil production to 250,000 barrels of oil per day (bopd) within five years from only around 60,000 bopd at present.
Syamsu previously said Pertamina would need to spend around US$6 billion to develop the field over a 20-year period. (bbn)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world