Muaro Jambi teacher accused of sexually abusing student
The Jakarta Post
A teacher at an Islamic junior high school in Muaro Jambi regency, Jambi, is under investigation for allegedly sexually abusing one of their students.
According to Muaro Jambi Police spokesman Comr. Adj. Dastu Gustiawan, the teacher asked the victim to see them in a classroom when the victim was playing table tennis in the school's playground at around 4.30 p.m. on Wednesday.
“The student did not suspect anything as it was their own teacher who had called them,” Dastu said on Saturday.
The teacher allegedly assaulted the student several times in the classroom and told the student to stay silent about the incident.
However, the student reportedly told their aunt about the assault, who then filed a report with the Muaro Jambi Police. The victim is receiving medical treatment at a hospital in Jambi.
The suspect is facing 15 years in prison if found guilty of child abuse as stipulated under Article 82 of the 2014 Child Protection Law.
“The police are investigating the report,” Dastu said. (dpk/ahw)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods