Setya names five Golkar politicians in e-ID trial
The Jakarta Post
Graft defendant and former House of Representatives speaker Setya Novanto and his nephew, Irvanto Pambudi Cahyo, named five top Golkar Party politicians whom they accused of having received bribes related to the e-ID procurement project.
Kompas.com reported that in a hearing at the Jakarta Corruption Court on Monday, Setya and Irvanto revealed that Golkar lawmaker Chairuman Harahap, the former head of House Commission II, had received funds from the project.
Irvanto, who claimed that he was assigned to hand over the money to Chairuman, said the lawmaker received US$1.5 million from businessman Made Oka Masagung, who was also named a suspect in the graft case.
Meanwhile, Setya stated that then-House speaker Ade Komarudin, also a Golkar politician, had received $700,000 for having helped smoothen the approval for the e-ID card budget.
Irvanto later mentioned that House member Agun Gunandjar Sudarsa had received SG$1.5 million from Made Oka and businessman Andi Narogong, who also had been named a graft suspect.
Melchias Marcus Mekeng and Markus Nari were also named in the hearing. The two Golkar politicians were said to have accepted $1 million from Irvanto on the 12th floor of the House building. It was said at that time, Melchias served as chairman of the House budget committee.
In the hearing on Monday, Setya and Irvanto testified as a witness for Anang Sugiana Sudihardjo, the president director of IT consulting firm PT Quadra Solution, which was part of the consortium that won the procurement of the e-ID system. (hol/ebf)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- From Chanel to Gucci: Korean women turn into designer rent-a-holics
- Okky Madasari unearths hidden tales of Indonesia in 'Mata' series
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world