Jakarta administration to postpone zero down-payment housing project
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has decided to postpone the zero down-payment housing program until it completes a guide that will comprehensively explain the program to applicants.
Previously, the Jakarta administration said residents could start booking the apartments under the scheme in April. However, it has yet to conclude the regulations on the program.
Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno said the guide was needed because the information about the program had been distorted.
The city administration earlier instructed the Jakarta Public Housing Agency to communicate about the guide with city-owned enterprises Bank DKI, PD Sarana Jaya Pembangunan, PT Jakarta Propertindo (Jakpro) and PD Pasar Jaya.
On April 25, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan asked the related agencies to hire communications consultants to help them explain the program to applicants.
“I want to launch the program as soon as possible, but we don’t want to rush and make a mistake,” Sandiaga said on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.
Sandiaga added he hoped the book would use simple language so all applicants could understand the program.
The Jakarta administration launched the zero down-payment housing program in Pondok Kelapa, East Jakarta, in January to provide affordable housing for low-income families.
Anies assured that the houses would be made available for those with salaries under Rp 7 million (US$494.50) per month. (cal)
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC