House approves Rp 2.57t budget for Industry 4.0
The Jakarta Post
The Trade Industry is getting an additional Rp 2.57 trillion (US$178 million) after the House Commission VI overseeing industry affairs agreed to financially support the development of Industry 4.0.
The funds will be used to help adjust five industry segments — textile, garment, automotive, electronics and chemical — to face the so-called fourth industrial revolution triggered by the growing digital economy, Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto said as reported by tempo.co on Wednesday.
This brings the ministry’s total budget to Rp 5.3 trillion.
The Trade Ministry has prepared several programs that would be funded by the additional budget, including the development of 100 food and beverage companies and improving the competitiveness of their food products.
The funds will also be used to help chemical, textile and diversified businesses improve their supply chain of raw materials, particularly through the establishment of a pilot project for plastic waste recycling and improving the quality of medical products.
Meanwhile, the metal, machinery, transportation and electronics industries will receive a boost with the smooth supply of raw materials and the establishment of a national standard.
Other programs will aim to improve the quality of 600 products manufactured by small and medium enterprises (SMEs) through better product designs, a smooth supply of raw materials and improved manufacturing facilities, as well training for employees. (bbn)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?