Anies 'dismisses' mayor through WhatsApp chat
The Jakarta Post
Former East Jakarta mayor Bambang Musyawardhana has claimed that he was dismissed from office via WhatsApp Messenger without having received an official governor's decree on his dismissal.
“I am fine with the dismissal. The problem is that I have not received an official gubernatorial decree. I was only told through WhatsApp that I was being dismissed,” Bambang said as reported by kompas.com on Monday.
“I don’t know when I'm going to start my retirement or what my current role is,” he said.
He said that he had filed the necessary paperwork for his retirement at the National Civil Service Agency (BKN) and was set to retire on Oct. 1.
However, on July 5, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan reportedly dismissed Bambang from his post as East Jakarta mayor as part of a major reshuffling of city officials.
He said that he had yet to receive any official explanation from the Jakarta Civil Service Agency.
“I will follow any decisions that have been made. However, don’t make me clock in every day without a clear role. It is as if I am detained by the city – I want to go but I can’t,” Bambang said.
He added that the State Civilian Bureaucracy Commission had launched an investigation into Anies' dismissal of several officials, including Bambang.
The commission is currently investigating alleged violations in the dismissals and has questioned several dismissed officials and members of the Jakarta Civil Service Agency. (ami)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy