Sari Roti producer announces stock buyback
The Jakarta Post
PT Nippon Indosari Corpindo, the producer of Sari Roti branded bread, has obtained its shareholders’ approval on Tuesday to repurchase its stock over the next 18 months.
The company will buy back up to 10 percent of existing shares in an effort to stabilize the stock price, Lukito Gozali, the vice president of investor and corporate relations at Nippon Indosari Corpindo, said after the shareholders meeting.
"We will carry out the buyback from now until 18 months forward, as the shareholders have approved," he said in Jakarta, adding that despite its stable financial condition, Sari Roti stocks showed weak performance.
The stock price has been corrected 26.67 percent since the beginning of the year.
Lukito said the buyback price could not be disclosed, as it might create volatility in the market. "We cannot disclose the buyback price, it will depend on the market. We will [announce the price] after the buyback is finished," he said. (bbn)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October