Sari Roti producer announces stock buyback
The Jakarta Post
PT Nippon Indosari Corpindo, the producer of Sari Roti branded bread, has obtained its shareholders’ approval on Tuesday to repurchase its stock over the next 18 months.
The company will buy back up to 10 percent of existing shares in an effort to stabilize the stock price, Lukito Gozali, the vice president of investor and corporate relations at Nippon Indosari Corpindo, said after the shareholders meeting.
"We will carry out the buyback from now until 18 months forward, as the shareholders have approved," he said in Jakarta, adding that despite its stable financial condition, Sari Roti stocks showed weak performance.
The stock price has been corrected 26.67 percent since the beginning of the year.
Lukito said the buyback price could not be disclosed, as it might create volatility in the market. "We cannot disclose the buyback price, it will depend on the market. We will [announce the price] after the buyback is finished," he said. (bbn)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium