Indonesia opens fashion pop-up store in Singapore
The Jakarta Post
Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi inaugurated pop-up store Rising Fashion in Paragon Mall in Singapore on Wednesday, the shop is part of cooperation efforts between Indonesia and Singapore.
"Last year we did similar activities in Indonesia. The point is to connect young Indonesian-Singaporean designers, not only on design issues, but also marketing issues," Retno told reporters.
Rising Fashion is a collaboration platform between Indonesia and Singapore and was first held in August last year at the Gallery Lafayette in Jakarta.
This year, there are 14 fashion designers from Indonesia who will display their products in the pop-up store, selected by the Creative Economy Agency (Bekraf).
The products of the 14 Indonesian designers will be showcased in two waves. The first wave will be held from August 1 to 15, with products by Purana, D.Tale, Nataoka, Hunting Fields, Maison Met, Pattent Goods, and Oaksva Jewelery. Meanwhile from Aug. 16 to 30 the pop-up store will display products by Woodka, Bermock, Danjyo Hiyoji, Alexalexa, Saul, Jeffry Tan and Diniira.
Retno said the presence of such Indonesian products in Singapore could increase Indonesia's exports to global markets and compete with other countries' products.
For Indonesia, fashion is one of the most important sub-sectors of the creative economy. Creative Economy Outlook data published in 2017 showed that the fashion sub-sector amounted to US $10.9 billion, contributing 54.54 percent to the total export value of the creative economy sector in 2015.
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- Strong earthquake hits off Fiji, no tsunami threat
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...