Middle Eastern tourists flock to Ciater hot springs
The Jakarta Post
The number of Middle Eastern tourists visiting the Ciater hot springs in Subang, West Java, has surpassed those from Singapore, Malaysia and South Korea.
Tempo.co reported that Ciater's beautiful scenery, mountainous landscape and cold weather were the main attractions for Middle Eastern visitors, as they were the opposite of their region's conditions.
PT Sari Ater public relations manager Yuki Azuania said that tourists from Middle Eastern countries started to arrive in Ciater in the past few years, adding that the trend began with the improvement of the Cikopo-Palimanan (Cipala) highway and the increased number of flights connecting the Middle East with Indonesia.
"If Kertajati Airport in Majalengka regency and the Patimban seaport are completed," Yuki said, the number of Middle Eastern tourists will increase as well.
A visitor from the Middle East, Sadeq, said that he had visited the hot springs twice and already planned to return during an upcoming holiday. "We also tell our family about [this destination], so they can experience the heavenly Ciater."
Yuki said that Middle Eastern tourists usually visited the area during the haj season as it is their longest holiday. While domestic tourists tend to flock to the area during the year-end holidays.
However, despite the increased number of Middle Eastern tourists, most of the foreign visitors to Ciater were still reportedly from Europe, especially from Germany and the Netherlands. (jes/kes)
You might also like :
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- The Pirate Bay mined cryptocurrency by ‘borrowing’ visitors’ CPU
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- Bogor Police exhumes body of ‘gladiator fight’ victim for autopsy
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded