Middle Eastern tourists flock to Ciater hot springs
The Jakarta Post
The number of Middle Eastern tourists visiting the Ciater hot springs in Subang, West Java, has surpassed those from Singapore, Malaysia and South Korea.
Tempo.co reported that Ciater's beautiful scenery, mountainous landscape and cold weather were the main attractions for Middle Eastern visitors, as they were the opposite of their region's conditions.
PT Sari Ater public relations manager Yuki Azuania said that tourists from Middle Eastern countries started to arrive in Ciater in the past few years, adding that the trend began with the improvement of the Cikopo-Palimanan (Cipala) highway and the increased number of flights connecting the Middle East with Indonesia.
"If Kertajati Airport in Majalengka regency and the Patimban seaport are completed," Yuki said, the number of Middle Eastern tourists will increase as well.
A visitor from the Middle East, Sadeq, said that he had visited the hot springs twice and already planned to return during an upcoming holiday. "We also tell our family about [this destination], so they can experience the heavenly Ciater."
Yuki said that Middle Eastern tourists usually visited the area during the haj season as it is their longest holiday. While domestic tourists tend to flock to the area during the year-end holidays.
However, despite the increased number of Middle Eastern tourists, most of the foreign visitors to Ciater were still reportedly from Europe, especially from Germany and the Netherlands. (jes/kes)
You might also like :
- Liam Gallagher postpones Jakarta concert date
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Papuan student jailed for resisting arrest in Yogyakarta
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Bali sees increase in number of European tourists