Katamama hotel bar in Seminyak wins Asian hospitality award
The Jakarta Post
Akademi at Katamama hotel in Seminyak, Bali, was named the winner of the bar, club and lounge category at the Hospitality Experience and Design (AHEAD) Asia Awards.
Announced last week in Singapore, AHEAD Asia aims to celebrate the best new hotels in Asia. The winners were chosen based on guest experiences, aesthetic excellence and commercial viability.
The event is part of eight regional award ceremonies that are set to take place around the globe between 2017 and 2018.
Akademi reportedly impressed the judges, a team comprising hoteliers, architects and interior designers, with its transformation of a traditional lobby bar into a place for learning, meeting and drinking.
(Read also: Motel Mexicola stands out among the crowd)
Located in the hotel’s lobby, Akademi is a collaborative effort between Indonesian-based hospitality and lifestyle company PTT Family and award-winning bartender Dre Masso. Unlike common hotel lobby lounges, it boasts as a hub for international mixologists to explore local flavors and train new talents.
The company's CEO Ronald Akili told The Jakarta Post via e-mail that the award served as a testament to his team’s talents and creativity.
“When the team designed Akademi, we wanted to put architecture as the palette for beautiful crafts and elements found in Indonesia and translate it within our signature contemporary style. We are proud that Akademi has gained this international recognition,” said Ronald. (kes)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- ExxonMobil wants US$121 million for its JTB field ownership
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Aramco, Rosneft agree to conduct joint marketing with Pertamina