Tweeting diplomats to promote tourism in Labuan Bajo
The Jakarta Post
In addition to advertising and social media campaigns, the Tourism Ministry is also promoting domestic tourist destinations by reaching out to diplomats.
The Foreign Ministry is conducting a training visit to East Nusa Tenggara from last Sunday until Saturday, with participants including senior Indonesian diplomats as well as diplomats from Australia, China, Myanmar, Fiji, Laos, Cambodia and Papua New Guinea.
“The places that will be visited during this event are Padar, Komodo, Manta Point, Heritage Walk Kampung Ujung, pearls cultivation and education at Pungu Island, the Papagarang fishing village, Kanawa island, Sunset Kalong Rinca, Liang Ndara and Amelia Sea View,” said Shana Fatina from the Tourism Ministry's prioritized tourist destinations team. The diplomats are also invited to join activities like a beach clean-up, youth forum, women’s forum and culture forum.
“Participants are required to upload their activities throughout this event on social media,” added Fatina.
In Labuan Bajo, the government unveiled plans to build a tourism community academy in West Manggarai regency, which has been approved by the Research, Technology and Higher Education Ministry. The Komodo airport is also undergoing a management shift, with state-owned airport operator PT. Angkasa Pura I to take full control of future development. Airlines have also been encouraged to open new flight routes to Labuan Bajo.
The Tourism Ministry also plans to highlight Labuan Bajo tourism at the upcoming Malaysia International Dive Expo (MIDE) slated for May 12-14 at the PWTC Kuala Lumpur. The expo is a hub for diving equipment, courses and diving destinations.
“Singapore and Malaysia are the top two countries of origin of overseas divers,” said Fatina. (kes)
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown