Airport operator introduces incentives for airlines
The Jakarta Post
The state-owned operator of airports in western Indonesia, Angkasa Pura (AP) II, has introduced incentives for airlines that open new routes and do not remain overnight (RON) at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (SHIA).
On average, 149 airlines remain overnight at SHIA, and AP II encourages these airlines to RON at other airports under its management, which will also increase passenger traffic.
“Of course, it is costly to increase passenger traffic, and these airlines also have to pay additional cost for landing, parking and jet bridge fees to Angkasa Pura II. Our new policy eliminates any operational costs for planes that arrive at the airport after 9 p.m.; the cost will be on us,” said PT Angkasa Pura II president director Muhammad Awaluddin.
Of the total 19.5 million international seat capacity under AP II, it was only able to generate 9 million foreign visits last year, accounting for 75 percent of the total of 12 million foreign visitors that arrived last year.
AP II currently has 13 airports under its authority; 10 are international airports, while the other three, namely Silangit in North Sumatra, Sultan Taha in Jambi and Depati Amir in Pangkal Pinang, are in the process of acquiring international status.
There’s also a “Go Digital” program for passengers to get through airports faster.
“We’ve launched the Indonesia Airport application and will continue to improve its features,” added Awaluddin. (kes)
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- Indonesia to regulate taxes for global firms’ subsidiaries
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection