Tourism ministry to meet with Australian yachters
The Jakarta Post
Tourism ministry plans to meet with the Australian yacht community in Darwin from July 22 until 29.
“This is also an opportunity to introduce Indonesian tourism through promotional activities for maritime tourist destinations located throughout the nation,” said tourism ministry's deputy for overseas promotion I Gde Pitana.
With this meeting, the ministry is aiming to introduce and attract international yachters to come to the Wonderful Indonesia Sail event in July and the Sail Sabang event to be held in December this year.
The event will consist of a technical meeting with a speaker from the ministry, Aji Sularso, who will do a presentation on Sail Indonesia, also Ray Perry from Raffles Marina Singapore and Director of Sail Malaysia, Sazli Kamal Basha who will do a presentation of the Sail Malaysia event.
According to tourism minister Arief Yahya, yachting is a form of marine tourism that has the potential to increase the number of overseas tourists to Indonesia.
“The close proximity between Australia and the eastern part of Indonesia is one of the reasons why there are so many Australian yachts coming to Indonesia. Indonesia’s large and rich oceans have created a huge potential for the country to became the leading marine tourist destination in Asia Pacific,” said Yahya. (asw)
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- Indonesia to regulate taxes for global firms’ subsidiaries
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker