Tourism ministry to meet with Australian yachters
The Jakarta Post
Tourism ministry plans to meet with the Australian yacht community in Darwin from July 22 until 29.
“This is also an opportunity to introduce Indonesian tourism through promotional activities for maritime tourist destinations located throughout the nation,” said tourism ministry's deputy for overseas promotion I Gde Pitana.
With this meeting, the ministry is aiming to introduce and attract international yachters to come to the Wonderful Indonesia Sail event in July and the Sail Sabang event to be held in December this year.
The event will consist of a technical meeting with a speaker from the ministry, Aji Sularso, who will do a presentation on Sail Indonesia, also Ray Perry from Raffles Marina Singapore and Director of Sail Malaysia, Sazli Kamal Basha who will do a presentation of the Sail Malaysia event.
According to tourism minister Arief Yahya, yachting is a form of marine tourism that has the potential to increase the number of overseas tourists to Indonesia.
“The close proximity between Australia and the eastern part of Indonesia is one of the reasons why there are so many Australian yachts coming to Indonesia. Indonesia’s large and rich oceans have created a huge potential for the country to became the leading marine tourist destination in Asia Pacific,” said Yahya. (asw)
- Two sisters commit suicide by jumping from apartment
- Fires burn 64 hectares of land in West Aceh
- PAN refuses to withdraw from Cabinet
- PLN cuts power to three high schools in West Jakarta
- All ASEAN countries but Indonesia ban cigarette advertising
- Big tobacco woos small shops
- China urges US to stop 'unfriendly' recon flights
- Hundreds of 'ojek' drivers block South Jakarta road
- Thousands sign up for Bogor Palace tour
- Where is the disability? My stumps don't define me