The Jakarta Post
Jonathan Knight, Donnie Wahlberg, Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre and Danny Wood of New Kids on the Block perform at NYCB Live on July 7, 2017, in Uniondale, New York. (Shutterstock/ Debby Wong)
American boyband New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) toasted to their 30th anniversary since their first stride into the spotlight in 1988 by announcing their MixTape Tour.
“We're creating a mixtape on tour every night in every city,” NKOTB’s Donnie Wahlberg said on Monday while appearing on the Today television show, as reported by People magazine.
Donnie Wahlberg, Jordan Knight, Jonathan Knight, Joey McIntyre and Danny Wood will hit the ground running in 2019 with other '80s music stars, such as Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Salt-N-Pepa and Naughty by Nature.
The quintet previously celebrated on Sunday evening by performing at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem, the stage that started their career, belting out with fellow pop music icons.
“It’s all 80s, taking you back to the time that you love,” said Salt-N-Pepa’s Cheryl James after NKOTB debuted “80’s Baby”, a new song with a video that features the five acts coming for their tour.
Ticket sales open on Friday for the MixTape Tour’s opening act, which will be in Cincinnati, and will proceed to stop in 53 other cities, ending in Hollywood on July 14th of next year.
Previously, NKOTB has toured with Boyz II Men, 98 Degrees, TLC, Nelly and Paula Abdul. With the Backstreet Boys, they performed in Jakarta in June 2012.
NKOTB gained success in the late 1980s and early 1990s, producing hits such as "Please Don't Go Girl", "I'll Be Loving You (Forever)" and "Step By Step". They won two American Music Awards in 1990 for Favorite Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group and Favorite Pop/Rock Album. They have released seven studio albums, with Thankful as the latest EP in 2017. (acr/wng)
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x