The Jakarta Post
A. Political and Security Cooperation
1. To deepen and broaden cooperation in promoting good governance, democracy, and human rights;
2. To work together through the UN and in cooperation with relevant institutions such as ASEAN to find common ground on the protection and promotion of human rights;
3. To become partners in maintaining regional and international peace and security in Southeast Asia and beyond;
4. To strengthen bilateral defense and security cooperation through dialogue and capacity building as appropriate in areas such as security sector reform, training, education, personnel exchanges, intelligence exchange, peacekeeping operations, maritime security, nuclear safety and security, humanitarian assistance/disaster relief operations, and military equipment;
5. To strengthen cooperation in preventing and combating non-traditional challeng...