The Jakarta Post
Twenty customers and the owners of a meatball stall in Teluk Naga, Tangerang, Banten suffered injuries on Thursday afternoon when a gas canister exploded, a local official said.
All victims were taken to the hospital following the incident.
Teluk Naga Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Dedi Herdiana said on Friday that the explosion occurred while the customers were eating. He said all of the people there smelt gas and saw white smoke coming from the tube prior to the explosion.
“The victims are the stall owner's family members and customers,” he said, adding that police are still investigating the case.
Dedi said the explosion did not destroy the building. (das)