Veronica Tan, Jakarta Women's March and making a difference
Author of Julia's Jihad
PREMIUM Lady Bird Johnson, wife of the 36th president of the United States, once quipped: “The first lady is an unpaid public servant elected by one person — her husband.” Nevertheless, due to their visibility and position, they are under the microscope as much as the men who “elected” them. Tough luck for Melania Trump, who is reportedly miserable under the intense scr...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky