Veronica Tan, Jakarta Women's March and making a difference
Author of Julia's Jihad
PREMIUM Lady Bird Johnson, wife of the 36th president of the United States, once quipped: “The first lady is an unpaid public servant elected by one person — her husband.” Nevertheless, due to their visibility and position, they are under the microscope as much as the men who “elected” them. Tough luck for Melania Trump, who is reportedly miserable under the intense scr...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- China to host Iranian president amid nuclear deal doubt