BI and cryptocurrencies: A love-hate story
Ibrahim Kholilul Rohman and Soumaya Ben Dhaou
Bank Indonesia (BI) has hinted at the possible implementation of a new regulation on electronic money (e-money) to be put in place starting in 2018. In a highly anticipated response, the central bank has also signaled the prohibition of transactions using cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, starting next year.
At the moment, while a specific regulation has not yet been introduced,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry