BI and cryptocurrencies: A love-hate story
Ibrahim Kholilul Rohman and Soumaya Ben Dhaou
Bank Indonesia (BI) has hinted at the possible implementation of a new regulation on electronic money (e-money) to be put in place starting in 2018. In a highly anticipated response, the central bank has also signaled the prohibition of transactions using cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, starting next year.
At the moment, while a specific regulation has not yet been introduced,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Airbus floats shutdown of A380 superjumbo as orders stall
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday