BI and cryptocurrencies: A love-hate story
Ibrahim Kholilul Rohman and Soumaya Ben Dhaou
Bank Indonesia (BI) has hinted at the possible implementation of a new regulation on electronic money (e-money) to be put in place starting in 2018. In a highly anticipated response, the central bank has also signaled the prohibition of transactions using cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, starting next year.
At the moment, while a specific regulation has not yet been introduced,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls