BI and cryptocurrencies: A love-hate story
Ibrahim Kholilul Rohman and Soumaya Ben Dhaou
Bank Indonesia (BI) has hinted at the possible implementation of a new regulation on electronic money (e-money) to be put in place starting in 2018. In a highly anticipated response, the central bank has also signaled the prohibition of transactions using cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, starting next year.
At the moment, while a specific regulation has not yet been introduced,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods