BI and cryptocurrencies: A love-hate story
Ibrahim Kholilul Rohman and Soumaya Ben Dhaou
Bank Indonesia (BI) has hinted at the possible implementation of a new regulation on electronic money (e-money) to be put in place starting in 2018. In a highly anticipated response, the central bank has also signaled the prohibition of transactions using cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, starting next year.
At the moment, while a specific regulation has not yet been introduced,...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says