Fish, feminists, fishy business and religious bias
Author of Julia's Jihad
After having read Jurnal Perempuan No. 95, there is no way will I ever look at and eat fish the same way again. At least, not fish caught in Indonesia.
What does a feminist journal have to do with fish, one might ask? Well, the theme of their latest issue, No. 95, is perempuan nelayan (fisherwomen) in Indonesia.
Jurnal Perempuan (JP) is the oldest...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights