Fish, feminists, fishy business and religious bias
Author of Julia's Jihad
After having read Jurnal Perempuan No. 95, there is no way will I ever look at and eat fish the same way again. At least, not fish caught in Indonesia.
What does a feminist journal have to do with fish, one might ask? Well, the theme of their latest issue, No. 95, is perempuan nelayan (fisherwomen) in Indonesia.
Jurnal Perempuan (JP) is the oldest...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand