Fish, feminists, fishy business and religious bias
Author of Julia's Jihad
After having read Jurnal Perempuan No. 95, there is no way will I ever look at and eat fish the same way again. At least, not fish caught in Indonesia.
What does a feminist journal have to do with fish, one might ask? Well, the theme of their latest issue, No. 95, is perempuan nelayan (fisherwomen) in Indonesia.
Jurnal Perempuan (JP) is the oldest...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors