Dealing with antidemocratic voices
Founding editor of the Indonesian Journal of International & Comparative Law
PREMIUM Democracy is to be earned, rather than given. For Indonesia, this statement is self-evident. The transition from the chaotic Old Order to the militaristic New Order and, then to the period of Reformasi (Reformation) required a great amount of sacrifice in “blood, toil, tears and sweat”. Unfortunately, Indonesia has forgotten the high price that it has had to pay to get to whe...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform