Dealing with antidemocratic voices
Founding editor of the Indonesian Journal of International & Comparative Law
PREMIUM Democracy is to be earned, rather than given. For Indonesia, this statement is self-evident. The transition from the chaotic Old Order to the militaristic New Order and, then to the period of Reformasi (Reformation) required a great amount of sacrifice in “blood, toil, tears and sweat”. Unfortunately, Indonesia has forgotten the high price that it has had to pay to get to whe...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages