New fragile five and threat of financial chaos
Corporate finance analyst
In the last couple months, Indonesia and several emerging countries’ financial markets have been unpredictable. Unfortunately, relative to other emerging economies in Asia, Indonesia is taking the biggest hit.
Fund managers have sold more than US$3 billion Indonesian bonds and stocks since the beginning of the year. The rupiah also plunged below the psychological level of Rp 1...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- For the sake of integrity
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport