New fragile five and threat of financial chaos
Corporate finance analyst
In the last couple months, Indonesia and several emerging countries’ financial markets have been unpredictable. Unfortunately, relative to other emerging economies in Asia, Indonesia is taking the biggest hit.
Fund managers have sold more than US$3 billion Indonesian bonds and stocks since the beginning of the year. The rupiah also plunged below the psychological level of Rp 1...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world