New fragile five and threat of financial chaos
Corporate finance analyst
In the last couple months, Indonesia and several emerging countries’ financial markets have been unpredictable. Unfortunately, relative to other emerging economies in Asia, Indonesia is taking the biggest hit.
Fund managers have sold more than US$3 billion Indonesian bonds and stocks since the beginning of the year. The rupiah also plunged below the psychological level of Rp 1...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Empty Jakarta during Idul Fitri serves as Instagrammable photo opportunity
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan dies aged 62
- One dead, five wounded in Malmo shooting: police
- Tourism's fatal warning