The Jakarta Post
This year, up to 27 shopping malls in Jakarta are set to participate in the event, each with its own schedule until June 24. (Shutterstock/File)
One of the most-awaited events during the annual Jakarta Great Sale is the midnight sale, when shopping malls operate until late at night and give out huge discounts.
This year, up to 27 shopping malls in Jakarta are set to participate in the event, each with its own schedule until June 24.
Malls holding midnight sales this week are Grand Indonesia Shopping Town (June 16-17), Plaza Atrium (June 17), Senayan City (June 16-18) and Plaza Indonesia (June 16-17).
Below are several tips for a successful discount hunting as compiled by kompas.com.
Read also: What to know about Jakarta Great Sale 2017
- Plan what you want to buy beforehand, so you will not waste your time picking out items during the midnight sale.
- Arrive early, around one to two hours prior to the scheduled sale time, to check whether the stores sell your desired items. Arriving early will also help you secure parking spots.
- Do not be blinded by discounts. Make sure what you buy is actually useful for you.
- Be realistic and check before buying branded items. Look for flaws and select goods that suit your size. Do not force yourself to buy a product that does not suit you to avoid meaningless purchases.
- Make sure you have allocated a specific budget for the midnight sale. Do not spend your entire Idul Fitri bonus or monthly salary in one night. (mas/kes)