Fatahillah Museum closed until 2014
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: The Fatahillah Museum of History in Kota Tua, West Jakarta, will be closed for two years to allow for conservation work to be carried out on the badly damaged museum complex.
Museum manager Enny Prihantini said many parts of the museum were beyond repair, including walls, flooring and windows.
“We hope the conservation work can begin in 2012. [We expect] the conservation p...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses