KPK names Setya Novanto suspect in e-ID graft
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has named Speaker of the House of Representatives (DPR) Setya Novanto a suspect in the electronic identity card (e-ID) graft case, which reportedly caused Rp 2.3 trillion in state losses.
KPK chairman Agus Rahardjo broke the news in a press briefing held at the anti-graft body's headquarters in South Jakarta on Monday afternoon.
"KPK names SN, a House member for the 2009-2014 as the new suspect in the case," Agus said, referring to Setya by his initial.
Agus added that Setya had key roles in planning a scheme to swindle funds earmarked for the e-ID project.
"Together with AA, SN has key roles in planning and procuring items for the project," Agus said, referring to businessman Andi "Narogong" Agustinus, who has earlier been named suspect by the KPK.
So far, the KPK has named four individuals suspects in the e-ID case, two senior officials at the Home Ministry Irman and Sugiharto, member of the House of Representatives Miryam S. Haryani and businessman Andi . (kuk/yon)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump