KPK names Setya Novanto suspect in e-ID graft
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) has named Speaker of the House of Representatives (DPR) Setya Novanto a suspect in the electronic identity card (e-ID) graft case, which reportedly caused Rp 2.3 trillion in state losses.
KPK chairman Agus Rahardjo broke the news in a press briefing held at the anti-graft body's headquarters in South Jakarta on Monday afternoon.
"KPK names SN, a House member for the 2009-2014 as the new suspect in the case," Agus said, referring to Setya by his initial.
Agus added that Setya had key roles in planning a scheme to swindle funds earmarked for the e-ID project.
"Together with AA, SN has key roles in planning and procuring items for the project," Agus said, referring to businessman Andi "Narogong" Agustinus, who has earlier been named suspect by the KPK.
So far, the KPK has named four individuals suspects in the e-ID case, two senior officials at the Home Ministry Irman and Sugiharto, member of the House of Representatives Miryam S. Haryani and businessman Andi . (kuk/yon)
- Soekarno-Hatta Airport to implement cashless transactions for parking
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan