Bank Indonesia bans double swiping to prevent data theft
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI) has issued a regulation to prohibit double swiping because such practice may result in data theft.
“The regulation is in place. Such practice should be stopped. If you see such activity you can report it to BI,” said BI Governor Agus Martowardojo in Jakarta on Wednesday after signing an agreement with the Transportation Ministry on integrated electronic payment in the transportation sector in Jakarta on Wednesday.
He said the double swipe ban was stipulated in Bank Indonesia Regulation No. 18/40/BI/2016 on payment processing.
“Traders cannot double swipe without a reason. If they have to do so, they should seek permission from the card holder,” he added as reported by Antara. (bbn)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday