Lion Air pilot arrested for alleged drug use in Kupang
The Jakarta Post
A joint team comprising personnel of the East Nusa Tenggara chapter of the National Narcotics Agency (BNN) and Kupang Police’s narcotics division arrested a Lion Air pilot for alleged drug use on Monday.
The pilot, identified only as Mahesa, was arrested while holding a party at which drugs were allegedly taken at Hotel T-More in Kupang city.
“The Lion Air pilot with flight number JT 924 was caught [allegedly] using drugs in Room 205 of Hotel T-More, with evidence comprising a package of crystal methamphetamine weighing 0.3 grams, a bong and its glass pipe, two gas lighters and four plastic straws,” said BNN East Nusa Tenggara head Muhammad Sidik to journalists on Tuesday.
He added that the Lion Air pilot was later taken to the Kupang Police office for a urine test. He reportedly tested positive to using crystal meth.
The arrest was made during a string of operations jointly conducted by the BNN East Nusa Tenggara and the Kupang Police in several night clubs and hotels across the city.
Mahesa was scheduled to operate a Lion Air flight on Tuesday but was replaced by another pilot as he had to undergo questioning at the Kupang Police office on Tuesday afternoon. (vla/ebf)
Evidence: The police confiscate a bong, lighters and plastic straws during the arrest of a Lion Air pilot in Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara, on Monday. (Courtesy of the Kupang Police/File)
- Singkawang breaks record for Cap Go Meh celebrations
- Go-Jek most popular ride-hailing app: Survey
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March
- Q4 foreign debt grows by 10 percent: BI
- Learning democracy from Indonesian Idol
- Alleged motorbike thief shot dead by police
- Jakarta Sneaker Day returns to its 'roots' in March
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Olivier Oddos: French food with a twist
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields