Slank to rock Wonderful Indonesia concert in Atambua
Bimbim of Indonesian legendary rock band Slank is encouraging his fans from Timor Leste to come to Atambua on Sept. 22 to attend the Wonderful Indonesia music concert.
He said the concert presented by the Tourism Ministry could serve as a gathering between Indonesia and Timor Leste.
“Tourism in Atambua has potential and its people are very friendly with Timor Leste. Come to Indonesia because Slank is performing in Atambua. Let’s enjoy Wonderful Indonesia concert while keeping the spirit of peace, love, unity and respect,” said Bimbim.
“[To the people of] the villages and districts in Timor Leste such as Ambeno, Batu Gede, Bobonaro, Maliana and others, please come to see the excitement of Wonderful Indonesia. We’re ready to welcome our brothers and sisters from Timor Leste to Atambua,” added the ministry's head of man-made tourism promotion, Ni Putu G. Gayatri.
The concert is slated to be held at the Simpang Lima Public Field in Atambua and will start at 6 p.m. Prior to Slank’s performance, the event will host other performances from local bands.
“We’ve brainstormed yet another big concert for next year, or in the earliest time possible. The concert could be one-week long just like the Woodstock Music & Art Fair. Hopefully Slank could pioneer more and bigger concerts in Atambua,” said Belu Tourism Agency head Johanes Andes Prihatin.
“[Atambua] has hills and white sand beaches such as Tanjung Bastian Beach. While waiting for the concert, visitors can explore our natural sites,” added Johanes.
Meanwhile Tourism Minister Arief Yahya expressed his joy with the upcoming Slank concert in Atambua.
“Slank is not just a band but also a community. I would like for them to communicate Pesona Indonesia and Wonderful Indonesia [tourism brands during the event],” said Arief. (kes)
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf