Slank to rock Wonderful Indonesia concert in Atambua
Bimbim of Indonesian legendary rock band Slank is encouraging his fans from Timor Leste to come to Atambua on Sept. 22 to attend the Wonderful Indonesia music concert.
He said the concert presented by the Tourism Ministry could serve as a gathering between Indonesia and Timor Leste.
“Tourism in Atambua has potential and its people are very friendly with Timor Leste. Come to Indonesia because Slank is performing in Atambua. Let’s enjoy Wonderful Indonesia concert while keeping the spirit of peace, love, unity and respect,” said Bimbim.
“[To the people of] the villages and districts in Timor Leste such as Ambeno, Batu Gede, Bobonaro, Maliana and others, please come to see the excitement of Wonderful Indonesia. We’re ready to welcome our brothers and sisters from Timor Leste to Atambua,” added the ministry's head of man-made tourism promotion, Ni Putu G. Gayatri.
The concert is slated to be held at the Simpang Lima Public Field in Atambua and will start at 6 p.m. Prior to Slank’s performance, the event will host other performances from local bands.
“We’ve brainstormed yet another big concert for next year, or in the earliest time possible. The concert could be one-week long just like the Woodstock Music & Art Fair. Hopefully Slank could pioneer more and bigger concerts in Atambua,” said Belu Tourism Agency head Johanes Andes Prihatin.
“[Atambua] has hills and white sand beaches such as Tanjung Bastian Beach. While waiting for the concert, visitors can explore our natural sites,” added Johanes.
Meanwhile Tourism Minister Arief Yahya expressed his joy with the upcoming Slank concert in Atambua.
“Slank is not just a band but also a community. I would like for them to communicate Pesona Indonesia and Wonderful Indonesia [tourism brands during the event],” said Arief. (kes)
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map