Minister calls for hotel discounts in case of Bali airport closure
Tourism minister Arief Yahya met with Bali Tourism Hospitality (BTH) Task Force in Denpasar, Bali to talk about tourism in Bali amid the increasing seismic activity at Mount Agung.
“We can make sure that 98 percent of tourist destinations in Bali is still safe to visit,” said the head of GIPI Bali, Ida Bagus Agung Parta.
At the meeting, BTH Group laid out important things that every tourist needs: Accessibility, accommodation, attraction and information about Mount Agung.
According to Arief, the area that will be directly impacted by the eruption is only two percent of the entire island of Bali. He also said that the most important thing is to prepare for disaster mitigation.
“For accommodation, I’ve spoken with everyone including Indonesian Hotel and Restaurant Association’s (PHRI) and The Association of the Indonesian Tourist Industry (GIPI) to offer discounts for tourists who have to extend their stay due to airport closure,” told Arief.
“Ideally, the first day should have a 100 percent discount, on the second day they only need to pay 10 – 20 percent of the normal price. The maximum price cut is between 25 – 50 percent,” he added.
Hotels should provide discount for a minimum of 12 days and the discount program is valid until tourists can leave Bali.
The ministry has set a budget of five million rupiahs for PR handling, information gathering, mitigation and recovery procedures.
Moreover, BTH will also use website www.BaliTourismBoard.
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence