Indonesian students selected as finalists in Airbus competition
The Jakarta Post
Three postgraduate Indonesian students have been selected as finalists in the Fly Your Ideas competition, a biennial student competition held by aircraft manufacturer Airbus.
The students, Raisa Rico, Mukhtar Amin and Dicky Adhitya Dwiantoro, are competing as a team named “PassEx” in Fly Your Ideas 2017.
They are currently studying at French universities, namely the IAE Toulouse, ISAE-Supaero and ENAC, respectively.
The team advanced to the final round of the competition with the idea of creating a Compact Luggage Strategy (CLS), a real-time mobile app designed to help assign flight passengers’ boarding status based on their luggage size. The app is designed to “reduce onboard congestion while ensuring luggage space for each passenger.”
In an official statement, Airbus stated, “[The] ideas had to answer one of five challenges identified by Airbus and provide sustainable future solutions.” The five challenges mentioned include business models, flight operations, passenger experience, design engineering and manufacturing.
PassEx's idea tackles the passenger experience challenge.
PassEx will compete against four other teams consisting of students from universities in Australia, Hong Kong, Nigeria and the United Kingdom.
The team is set to work at Airbus’ ProtoSpace facilities in Toulouse, France, to develop their proposed idea from May 11-15. Their final presentation will be delivered on May 16.
The winners of the competition will be rewarded with €30,000 (US$32,686). (asw)
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh