The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has sent a letter to Agrarian and Land Spatial Planning Minister Sofyan Djalil and the National Land Agency (BPN) requesting that all building use permits (HGBs) granted to third parties on reclamation islets be canceled and no longer issued.
Jakarta legal bureau head Yayan Yuhana said the request for cancellation HGBs was intended for islets C, D and G.
“Yes, we have sent the letter to the ministry,” Yayan said on Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
She added that the letter had been sent on Dec. 29, but has not yet received confirmation from the ministry. Yayan refused to say the reason for the request and suggested asking Governor Anies Baswedan instead.
“We will take further action if we receive confirmation later. We have to wait. I don’t want to examine leaders’ policy. We have yet to be invited for a meeting [to discuss the matter], but we have sent the letter,” she said.
The letter reportedly contains Anies' request for the ministry to cancel the HGBs on the three islets and to not issue anymore. In the letter, it states that the Jakarta administration is doing a thorough evaluation of the project and that the initial review has shown the policy's negative impact due to alleged procedural errors in the project.
Moreover, deliberations of draft bylaws on the Jakarta North Coast Strategic Area Spatial Planning and the Zoning Plan on Coastal Areas and Small Islands have been scrapped from the Jakarta Legislative Council’s priority list this year, while the administration is prepares for new draft bylaws. (wnd)