The Jakarta Post
A young girl has apparently died from electrocution on Wednesday, when lightning struck Sanja village in Bogor regency, West Java.
Bogor Police spokesman Adj. Comr. Ita Puspita said that the victim, Salsabila Ayu Putri, 6, was playing with a mobile phone that was charging during a rainstorm at around 4 p.m.
“It was raining and lightning struck the house,” Ita said as quoted by tempo.co.
She explained that the victim's mother, Widiya, 30, said she received an electric shock as she unplugged the charger right after the lightning hit.
“When [Widiya] unplugged the cell phone [charging] cable, she said an electrical current shocked her hand,” said Ita, and that she then saw her daughter laying on the floor with her right cheek over the phone.
“When Widiya lifted her daughter, she saw that Salsabila's right cheek was blistered and her chest blackened,” Ita added.
Widiya immediately called for help from her neighbors, but it was too late, as Salsabila had stopped breathing.
The family has refused an autopsy on their daughter's body. (sau)