press enter to search

Tourism Ministry allocates Rp 100b for Bali tourism

News Desk

The Jakarta Post

Jakarta  /  Sat, December 23, 2017  /  09:07 am
Tourism Ministry allocates Rp 100b for Bali tourism

The recent volcanic activity of Mount Agung in Karangasem impacted Bali's tourism with numerous flights cancellations resulting in low hotel occupancy. (Shutterstock/File)

The Tourism Ministry has reportedly allocated Rp 100 billion (US$7.36 million) for a Bali tourism recovering program.

Tourism Minister Arief Yahya said the budget would be allocated for three months to prepare for the year-end holiday season.

Arief, as quoted by kompas.com, added that he had been requested by the ministry’s deputy minister for overseas promotion I Gde Pitana to handle the budget.

Read also: Bali offers up to 50 percent discounts to tourists: Minister

On another occasion, Arief explained that the Rp 100 billion budget would be used to promote Bali to international tourists, including for Hot Deals, a 50 percent discount program for tourists visiting Bali.

The recent volcanic activity of Mount Agung in Karangasem impacted Bali's tourism with numerous flights cancellations resulting in low hotel occupancy.

Indonesian Hotels and Restaurants Association (PHRI) head Haryadi Sukamdani said the impact of the Mt. Agung eruption had been larger than the Bali bombing in terms of hotel occupancy. (jes/kes)

Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)

close x
Subscribe to get unlimited access Get 50% off now