Indonesia's chairmanship and future of Indian Ocean
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
PREMIUM Jakarta once again is playing host to foreign leaders as it welcomes more than 16 heads of government/state for the inaugural Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Leaders’ Summit. Under the theme of “Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Indian Ocean,” the summit will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the IORA, marking an important milestone in...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- EDITORIAL: Right to passports
- Indonesia set to operate 13 railway projects this year
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Facebook says social media not always healthy for democracy
- Cosby performs for first time since assault charge
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- EDITORIAL: Threat to Indonesian press
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf