Indonesia's chairmanship and future of Indian Ocean
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
PREMIUM Jakarta once again is playing host to foreign leaders as it welcomes more than 16 heads of government/state for the inaugural Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Leaders’ Summit. Under the theme of “Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Indian Ocean,” the summit will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the IORA, marking an important milestone in...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Germany in political crisis as coalition talks collapse
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021