Indonesia's chairmanship and future of Indian Ocean
A. Ibrahim Almuttaqi
Head of the ASEAN Studies Program at The Habibie Center
PREMIUM Jakarta once again is playing host to foreign leaders as it welcomes more than 16 heads of government/state for the inaugural Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Leaders’ Summit. Under the theme of “Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Indian Ocean,” the summit will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the IORA, marking an important milestone in...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Car Free Day ineffective in reducing air pollution: Committee
- Violence cases against women, children in Jambi increased: Official
- KPK arrests 10 in Banten bribery case
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map