Netherlands and others are poor advisers for Indonesia
May Marjolein van Pagee
Founder of the Histori Bersama Foundation
As a Dutch journalist and historian I believe that Dutch-Indonesian relations are completely damaged by the past, but instead of stepping back, my fellow citizens take every opportunity to teach Indonesia a lesson about human rights.
The latest incident was when non-active Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama was recently sentenced to two years’ imp...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Indonesia should think twice about military aid for Philippines: Expert
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Palace denies President and Vice President to get salary increases
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Fourth suspect named in N. Sumatra Police attack