Netherlands and others are poor advisers for Indonesia
May Marjolein van Pagee
Founder of the Histori Bersama Foundation
As a Dutch journalist and historian I believe that Dutch-Indonesian relations are completely damaged by the past, but instead of stepping back, my fellow citizens take every opportunity to teach Indonesia a lesson about human rights.
The latest incident was when non-active Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama was recently sentenced to two years’ imp...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- ExxonMobil wants US$121 million for its JTB field ownership
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Aramco, Rosneft agree to conduct joint marketing with Pertamina