Netherlands and others are poor advisers for Indonesia
May Marjolein van Pagee
Founder of the Histori Bersama Foundation
As a Dutch journalist and historian I believe that Dutch-Indonesian relations are completely damaged by the past, but instead of stepping back, my fellow citizens take every opportunity to teach Indonesia a lesson about human rights.
The latest incident was when non-active Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama was recently sentenced to two years’ imp...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Christie's to auction rare watch once owned by Egyptian king
- Canned sardines contaminated with thread worms, BPOM confirms
- PDI-P strengthens ties with Golkar
- Tax office eyes 14m taxpayers' annual reports this year
- Jakarta to see medium rain but remain hot during equinox
- Freeport has cost $13 billion losses in environmental damage, says BPK
- Marine personnel rebuild roads, houses ahead of naval exercises
- Brunei, Indonesia work on new hybrid paddy varieties
- Piles of trash continue to flow onto Tangerang shore
- E-cigarettes more likely to get people started on smoking: Study