Netherlands and others are poor advisers for Indonesia
May Marjolein van Pagee
Founder of the Histori Bersama Foundation
As a Dutch journalist and historian I believe that Dutch-Indonesian relations are completely damaged by the past, but instead of stepping back, my fellow citizens take every opportunity to teach Indonesia a lesson about human rights.
The latest incident was when non-active Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama was recently sentenced to two years’ imp...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Indonesia, Turkey team up to develop military drones
- Government reshuffles directors of railway firms
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Virtual reality, interactive avatars among cruise trends of 2018
- Maritime Museum catches fire on Tuesday morning
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- IDX Tower 2 never been renovated: Management
- Mother allegedly kills her baby at restaurant