Sharia compliance in financial products
Bazari Azhar Azizi
MSc candidate of Islamic finance at Durham University
PREMIUM Islamic financial institutions (IFIs) differ from conventional financial institutions. The primary distinction of Islamic financial instructions is the application of Islamic or sharia principles in its business activities. Thus, the adherence toward the sharia principles is essential for the IFIs. The establishment of a body to ensure sharia-compliance implementation in the IFIs is crucial. He...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Astra's financing wing to issue global bond in second half
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta