Give equal opportunities to citizens with disabilities
Director of Poverty Reduction and Social Welfare at the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas)
Improving people’s welfare is among President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s areas to focus on in his third year in office. The mark of a developed country is how well it takes care of its poor, sick and most vulnerable citizens. In Indonesia, much more can be done to support people with disabilities to work, learn and contribute to our diverse nation.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official