Give equal opportunities to citizens with disabilities
Director of Poverty Reduction and Social Welfare at the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas)
Improving people’s welfare is among President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s areas to focus on in his third year in office. The mark of a developed country is how well it takes care of its poor, sick and most vulnerable citizens. In Indonesia, much more can be done to support people with disabilities to work, learn and contribute to our diverse nation.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Victoria's Secret to charm China with fashion gala