Give equal opportunities to citizens with disabilities
Director of Poverty Reduction and Social Welfare at the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas)
Improving people’s welfare is among President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s areas to focus on in his third year in office. The mark of a developed country is how well it takes care of its poor, sick and most vulnerable citizens. In Indonesia, much more can be done to support people with disabilities to work, learn and contribute to our diverse nation.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?