Give equal opportunities to citizens with disabilities
Director of Poverty Reduction and Social Welfare at the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas)
Improving people’s welfare is among President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s areas to focus on in his third year in office. The mark of a developed country is how well it takes care of its poor, sick and most vulnerable citizens. In Indonesia, much more can be done to support people with disabilities to work, learn and contribute to our diverse nation.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Indonesia must improve its e-government