Give equal opportunities to citizens with disabilities
Director of Poverty Reduction and Social Welfare at the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas)
Improving people’s welfare is among President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s areas to focus on in his third year in office. The mark of a developed country is how well it takes care of its poor, sick and most vulnerable citizens. In Indonesia, much more can be done to support people with disabilities to work, learn and contribute to our diverse nation.
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey