The impact of low oil prices on economic growth
Senior researcher at Bank Indonesia
PREMIUM In 2008, the National Intelligence Council (NIC) of the United States launched its book titled Global Trends 2025. The book highlighted forecasts of tighter energy competition in the global market. Global oil demand was growing sharply mainly as a result of China’s double-digit economic growth; on the other hand, non-OPEC oil and gas sources such as from the North Sea were depleting. A...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless