The impact of low oil prices on economic growth
Senior researcher at Bank Indonesia
PREMIUM In 2008, the National Intelligence Council (NIC) of the United States launched its book titled Global Trends 2025. The book highlighted forecasts of tighter energy competition in the global market. Global oil demand was growing sharply mainly as a result of China’s double-digit economic growth; on the other hand, non-OPEC oil and gas sources such as from the North Sea were depleting. A...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'