The impact of low oil prices on economic growth
Senior researcher at Bank Indonesia
PREMIUM In 2008, the National Intelligence Council (NIC) of the United States launched its book titled Global Trends 2025. The book highlighted forecasts of tighter energy competition in the global market. Global oil demand was growing sharply mainly as a result of China’s double-digit economic growth; on the other hand, non-OPEC oil and gas sources such as from the North Sea were depleting. A...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program