Failure of Buenos Aires and WTO future
Poppy S. Winanti
Teaches at the international relations department, Gadjah Mada University
PREMIUM The 11th World Trade Organization (WTO) ministerial meeting in Buenos Aires ended on Dec. 13 in a stalemate. As predicted, it failed to conclude any major trade negotiations. However, few expected that the members would have been able to agree on less controversial trade issues, such as e-commerce, but the meeting ended in deadlock even for such minor proposals. Since the last ministerial me...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Government praises Mitsubishi for exporting 21,000 Xpander vehicles
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Most boats in Thousand Islands unsafe: Committee
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Government to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers