Failure of Buenos Aires and WTO future
Poppy S. Winanti
Teaches at the international relations department, Gadjah Mada University
PREMIUM The 11th World Trade Organization (WTO) ministerial meeting in Buenos Aires ended on Dec. 13 in a stalemate. As predicted, it failed to conclude any major trade negotiations. However, few expected that the members would have been able to agree on less controversial trade issues, such as e-commerce, but the meeting ended in deadlock even for such minor proposals. Since the last ministerial me...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Shell eyeing Indonesia's LNG market
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- A world without America
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world