Failure of Buenos Aires and WTO future
Poppy S. Winanti
Teaches at the international relations department, Gadjah Mada University
PREMIUM The 11th World Trade Organization (WTO) ministerial meeting in Buenos Aires ended on Dec. 13 in a stalemate. As predicted, it failed to conclude any major trade negotiations. However, few expected that the members would have been able to agree on less controversial trade issues, such as e-commerce, but the meeting ended in deadlock even for such minor proposals. Since the last ministerial me...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Latest list of Michelin stars in Seoul released
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history