Failure of Buenos Aires and WTO future
Poppy S. Winanti
Teaches at the international relations department, Gadjah Mada University
PREMIUM The 11th World Trade Organization (WTO) ministerial meeting in Buenos Aires ended on Dec. 13 in a stalemate. As predicted, it failed to conclude any major trade negotiations. However, few expected that the members would have been able to agree on less controversial trade issues, such as e-commerce, but the meeting ended in deadlock even for such minor proposals. Since the last ministerial me...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Patek Philippe’s Calatrava Ref. 6006G: where graphic elegance meets ultra-thin design