Red-tape still a barrier to Australia-Indonesia ties
Ross B Taylor AM
President of the Perth-based Indonesia Institute Inc.
Over many years much has been said and written about the importance of Australia’s relationship with its large and near neighbor, Indonesia.
Australia’s former prime ministers also were clear about the importance of being good neighbors: Paul Keating said, “Indonesia is our most important relationship.” Tony Abbott famously talked about, “More Ind...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday