Low hanging fruits can reduce logistics costs
Lucky Luqman Nurrahmat
Student at the Master of Public Administration program, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
PREMIUM Logistics costs in Indonesia are significantly higher than in neighboring countries, amounting to 24 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), higher than that of Singapore (8 percent), Malaysia (13 percent), Thailand (15 percent) and even Vietnam (20.9 percent) and Cambodia (18 percent), according to the Asian Development Bank (2013-2014). These costs affect not only the price of goods, but als...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- BREAKING: Buddhist woman imprisoned for complaining about mosque's speaker
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Colombia rescues 49 women from 'sexual slavery'
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- UK B&B becomes unlikely site of 'pilgrimage' for Japanese anime fans
- Iran unveils first domestic fighter jet
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand