Low hanging fruits can reduce logistics costs
Lucky Luqman Nurrahmat
Student at the Master of Public Administration program, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
PREMIUM Logistics costs in Indonesia are significantly higher than in neighboring countries, amounting to 24 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), higher than that of Singapore (8 percent), Malaysia (13 percent), Thailand (15 percent) and even Vietnam (20.9 percent) and Cambodia (18 percent), according to the Asian Development Bank (2013-2014). These costs affect not only the price of goods, but als...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights