Low hanging fruits can reduce logistics costs
Lucky Luqman Nurrahmat
Student at the Master of Public Administration program, John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
PREMIUM Logistics costs in Indonesia are significantly higher than in neighboring countries, amounting to 24 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), higher than that of Singapore (8 percent), Malaysia (13 percent), Thailand (15 percent) and even Vietnam (20.9 percent) and Cambodia (18 percent), according to the Asian Development Bank (2013-2014). These costs affect not only the price of goods, but als...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- Teen suspect killed 6-year-old girl over parents' quarrel: Police
- Not wearing correct uniform, students told to do exams outdoors