Protect data privacy, or else
Medhy Aginta Hidayat
Lecturer at the Sociology Department of Trunojoyo University
PREMIUM The recent data scandal involving the personal data of 87 million Facebook users, including one million Indonesians, has shocked users around the world. The data, which should have been private and confidential, had been exploited by Cambridge Analytica. The British political consultancy apparently used the personal data of Facebook users to develop profiles of prospective voters. Using big dat...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform