Protect data privacy, or else
Medhy Aginta Hidayat
Lecturer at the Sociology Department of Trunojoyo University
PREMIUM The recent data scandal involving the personal data of 87 million Facebook users, including one million Indonesians, has shocked users around the world. The data, which should have been private and confidential, had been exploited by Cambridge Analytica. The British political consultancy apparently used the personal data of Facebook users to develop profiles of prospective voters. Using big dat...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back