Protect data privacy, or else
Medhy Aginta Hidayat
Lecturer at the Sociology Department of Trunojoyo University
PREMIUM The recent data scandal involving the personal data of 87 million Facebook users, including one million Indonesians, has shocked users around the world. The data, which should have been private and confidential, had been exploited by Cambridge Analytica. The British political consultancy apparently used the personal data of Facebook users to develop profiles of prospective voters. Using big dat...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- BMKG warns of high waves around Lombok
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt