Protect data privacy, or else
Medhy Aginta Hidayat
Lecturer at the Sociology Department of Trunojoyo University
PREMIUM The recent data scandal involving the personal data of 87 million Facebook users, including one million Indonesians, has shocked users around the world. The data, which should have been private and confidential, had been exploited by Cambridge Analytica. The British political consultancy apparently used the personal data of Facebook users to develop profiles of prospective voters. Using big dat...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Hunting for handbags, watches and more at Christie’s
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting